The application process for the 2013/2014 online Unilag hostel allocation of bed-spaces in undergraduate halls of residence has resumed Today, Monday, March 3rd, 2014 for biological students of staff of the University.
Below is the timetable for the online application process gotten from the school website:
|CATEGORY||COMMENCEMENT AND CLOSING DATE||DURATION|
|Biological children of staff||Monday, March 3, 2014||One (1) day|
|Fresh students||Tuesday, March 4, 2014||One (1) day|
|Health cases and Sports men||Wednesday, March 5, 2014||One (1) day|
|Ballot request||Thursday, March 6, 2014||One (1) day|
This was the previous and now defunct timetable.
|CATEGORY||ON-LINE APPLICATIONCOMMENCEMENT AND CLOSING DATE||DURATION|
|Scholars and Final year students.||January 20 – 24, 2014||Five (5) days|
|Biological children of staff||January 27- 31, 2014||Five (5) days|
|Fresh students||February 3 -7, 2014||Five (5) days|
|Health cases and Sports men||February 10 – 14, 2014||Five (5) days|
|Ballot request||February 24 -25, 2014||Two (2) days|
Please note that:
- All requests for bed-space allocation in halls of residence are to be done electronically.
- Beneficiaries of bed spaces in Emerald Court are excluded from campus allocation exercise.
- All stakeholders are advised to note the online application commencement and closing dates as there will be no extension of online application dates for all categories.
- Each student-applicant is to obtain the bed-space allocation scratch card from designated banks. The designated banks as of today are Guaranty Trust Bank and Eko bank branches of Unilag. The allocation card costs N300.
- Thereafter, the applicant will be granted access to log in to Unilaghalls.com and download the allocation docket which will be presented at the bank for payment.
- All applicants are expected to make payments within two (2) weeks of the on-line allocation (this will be indicated on the print out), after which the allocation will lapse.
- Lobbying for change or rectification of lapsed allocations would not be entertained.
- Allotees who trade their bed spaces shall be referred to the Students’ Disciplinary Board for appropriate sanctions.
HOW TO APPLY
After the purchase of the allocation card, visit Unilaghalls.com.
- Log in with Matriculation Number or Jamb Registration Number as Username followed by the 16 digits Pin Number as Password.
- Click on Update Profile to update your phone number, Email Address and Passport Photograph.
- Click on the Allocation Link, followed by the GET A SPACE NOW! button to apply for bed space.
- You will receive notification concerning the status of your application.
- Click on the button Print Slip to print your Payment Slip.
- Proceed to the bank to make payment before the allocation expires.
- To confirm payment:
- Log online; click Application Link followed by the Confirm button.
- Enter the Confirmation Number and the Receipt Number provided at the bank and click the Confirmbutton.
- Print the Final Payment Slip with your Passport Photograph.
Note: I learnt that Final year students who did not receive allocation in the previous exercise are advised to reapply under balloting category.